+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Drum Making is a Sacred Act
Create Your Own Two-Sided Shamanic Journey Drum
More than just a crafting project, Drum Making is a meditation, an act of creation, the bringing to life of a vehicle for Journeying!
During this three-day workshop of ceremonial creation, each person will construct an authentic two-sided Shamanic Drum, a Drum that is the expression of their own uniqueness and relationship with the Spirit of the Drum.
Awakening of the Drum requires consecration, returning the Elk Spirit, of the hide used, back to its Spirit Home and connecting the wooden rim to the World Tree/Tree of Life which enables all trees to sing the prayers we send forth while drumming with a consecrated Drum.
- Construction of the Shamanic Journey Drum
- Consecration and Empowerment of your Drum
- Myths and stories relating to the Drum
- Training in songs, drumbeats, and rhythms
- Training in Shamanic Journeying
- Lunch is eaten in-house, community style. Bring a dish and snacks to share.
- Local restaurants
- Friday, 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm: Constructing the Drum
- Saturday, 10 am – 6:00 pm: Stories & Teachings
- Sunday, 10 am – 5:00 pm: Consecration, Training
Includes all materials, use of tools, instruction, and training.
All registrations and full payment must be completed no later than XXXX. Sorry, no late registrations are possible as there is a time factor with the shipment of the materials required for making the drums.
To register your participation: