Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Drum Making is a Sacred Act
Create Your Own Two-Sided Shamanic Journey Drum
More than just a crafting project, Drum Making is a meditation, an act of creation, the bringing to life of an instrument of prayer.
During this three-day workshop of ceremonial creation, each person will construct an authentic two-sided Shamanic Drum, a Drum that is the expression of their own uniqueness and relationship with the Spirit of the Drum.
Awakening of the Drum requires consecration, returning the Elk Spirit, of the hide used, back to its Spirit Home and connecting the wooden rim to the World Tree/Tree of Life which enables all trees to sing the prayers we send forth while drumming with a consecrated Drum.
- Construction of the Shamanic Journey Drum
- Consecration and Empowerment of your Drum
- Myths and stories relating to the Drum
- Training in songs, drumbeats, and rhythms
- Training in Shamanic Journeying
- Lunch eaten in-house, community style. Bring a dish and snacks to share.
- Local restaurants
Facility and Lodging:
- I have made arrangements with The Pelican Hot Springs Hotel for the use of their Great Room to conduct the Drum Making event. A consideration is the presumption that participants will book their lodging at the hotel. The Pelican is affordable, clean, and creatively designed. Guests have all-hours use of the hot springs. Please click their link and peruse the rooms. They have a few buildings, all close to each other, and in close proximity to the Great Room.
- Friday, 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm: Constructing the Drum
- Saturday, 10 am – 6:00 pm: Stories & Teachings
- Sunday, 10 am – 6:00 pm: Consecration, Training
Includes all materials, use of tools, one-on-one instruction, and training. Does not include lodging.
NOTE: Truth or Consequences, NM is on Interstate 25, 2 hours south of Albuquerque, NM and/or 2 hours north of El Paso, Tx. Both have international airports and car rentals.
All registrations and full payment must be completed no later than two weeks prior to the event. Sorry, no late registrations are possible as there is a time factor with the shipment of the materials required for making the drums.