Location: Telluride, Co
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Create Your Own Two-Sided Shamanic Drum
More than just a crafting project, Drum Making is a meditation, an act of creation, the bringing to life of an instrument of prayer.
During this three day workshop of ceremonial creation each person will construct an authentic two-sided Shamanic Drum, a Drum that is the expression of their own uniqueness and relationship with the Spirit of the Drum.
Awakening of the Drum requires consecration, returning the Elk Spirit, of the hide used, back to its Spirit Home and connecting the wooden rim to the World Tree/Tree of Life which enables all trees to sing the prayers we send forth while drumming with a consecrated Drum.
- Construction of the Shamanic Drum
- Consecration and Empowerment of your Drum
- Myths and stories relating to the Drum
- Training in songs, drumbeats and rhythms
- Training in Shamanic Journeying
- How to establish Drum Circles in your Community
- Lunch eaten in-house, community style. Bring a pot-luck dish and snacks.
- Local restaurants
- Friday, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm: Constructing the Drum
- Saturday, 10 am – 6:00 pm: Stories & Teachings
- Sunday, 10 am – 6:00 pm: Consecration, Trainings
(Yes! That is equivalent to a dollar a day for a year!)
Includes all materials, use of tools, one-on-one instruction and training
All registrations and full payment must be completed no later than two weeks prior to the event. Sorry, no late registrations are possible as there is a time factor with the shipment of the materials required for making the drums.