August 18-19-20, 2023
La Foret Retreat Center
Colorado Springs, Colorado
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Drum Making is a Sacred Act
Create Your Own Two-Sided Shamanic Journey Drum
More than just a crafting project, Drum Making is a meditation, an act of creation, the bringing to life of a vehicle for Journeying!
During this three-day workshop of ceremonial creation, each person will construct an authentic two-sided Shamanic Drum, a Drum that is the expression of their own uniqueness and relationship with the Spirit of the Drum.
Awakening of the Drum requires consecration, returning the Elk Spirit, of the hide used, back to its Spirit Home and connecting the wooden rim to the World Tree/Tree of Life which enables all trees to sing the prayers we send forth while drumming with a consecrated Drum.
- The Power of Sacred Objects
- About the Shamanic Journeying Drum with a half-hour video
- Construction of the Shamanic Journey Drum
- Consecration and Empowerment of your Drum
- Myths and stories relating to the Drum
- Training in songs, drumbeats, and rhythms
- Training in Shamanic Journeying
- Breakfasts are catered on-site.
- Lunch is eaten in-house, community style. Bring a dish and snacks to share.
- Local restaurants
Facility and Lodging:
- The event and lodging will be held at La Foret Retreat Center. You must register both with me (for the actual Drum Making) and with Ti Birchrose to secure your space in this event (limited to a maximum of 13 people) and lodging at La Foret.
Ti Birchrose – Text only # 719-247-0609
- Friday, 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm: Constructing the Drum
- Saturday, 10 am – 6:00 pm: Stories & Teachings
- Sunday, 10 am – 5:00 pm: Consecration, Training
Includes all materials, use of tools, instruction, and training.
Lodging and facility use fees are separate and are being managed by Ti Birchrose (Text only # 719-247-0609 ). You must contact her to secure your lodging and facility use!
All registrations and full payment must be completed no later than August 1st. Sorry, no late registrations are possible as there is a time factor with the shipment of the materials required for making the drums.
To register your participation:
Remember to also contact Ti Birchrose (Text only # 719-247-0609) to secure your lodging and event participation!